Trivia and Credits

PART 5: "NEW BEGINNINGS"


I started writing this story on Friday, September 19, 1997 at 6:40 PM. I finished the final spell check on the complete text on Thursday, October 30, 1997 at 11:21 AM.

One year and one day after I first began writing PART 1: "THE ULTIMATE GAME MASTER", I completed PART 5: "NEW BEGINNINGS". I was trying to go for one year, exactly, but it didn't happen. Oh, well.

The story was originally divided into a Prologue, Epilogue, and 5 chapters, but I later got rid of them to make the story seem less like a book and more like part of a TV miniseries.

Well, we've certainly come a long way since Part 1. Part 5, in my opinion, is a great story. It might get a little boring for some people in Chapter 3, with all that dialogue and no action, but this story is supposed to be calm, not action-packed.

Zelda's line, "How many people?!", was inspired by Kira's line in the "Star Trek: Deep Space Nine" episode "Children of Time".

Zelda's exclamation of "Bloody tears!" is a reference to the daytime music in CastleVania II: Simon's Quest.

Zelda's exclamation of "That's enough!" was inspired by Commander Sisko's exclamation in the "Star Trek: Deep Space Nine" series premiere, "The Emissary".

I learned the phrase "Or lack thereof!" from my friend, Mike Rohm.

Kristen's line, "That's the dictionary definition", is Ocona's line in the "Star Trek: The Next Generation" episode "The Outrageous Ocona".

Lana's line, "I don't have the right to make that choice!", was inspired by Captain Sisko's similar line in the "Star Trek: Deep Space Nine" episode "Children of Time".

Kristen's talk with Lana about her irresponsibility as a leader was inspired by Captain Sisko's talk with Worf in the "Star Trek: Deep Space Nine" episode "Rules of Engagement".

Lana's line, "It's a nice day to start again", is from the Billy Idol song 'White Wedding'.

Lana's line, "Hey, it's a kind of magic", is Connor's line in the movie "Highlander".

Kevin's line, "Hey, call me Kevin. All my friends do.", comes from "QUEST FOR THE POTION OF POWER".

Kevin's line, "Let's see your cards", is Will Riker's line in the "Star Trek: The Next Generation" episode "Cause and Effect".

Kevin's line, "If it's gonna be a great band, it's gotta have a great name", comes from the old McDonald's commercial called "The Band".

The "Steve!" bit is a story Mike had told me about a short time earlier. He and his friends came up with it.

The "My First Band" bit is something Mike and I had come up with over the phone a short time earlier while discussing our "Back to the Future" movie.

The band being named "Captain N & The Video Game Masters" is a reference to the TV series that aired from 1993 to 1994.

Mega Girl's cameo appearance was put in for Aly Handman, a 'Net friend of mine who loves Mega Girl and whose IRC nickname was "Mega_Girl".

Simon's cheering after the performance is based on his cheering after Lana's dive in "VIDEOLYMPICS".

Kevin's mention of "a world with the darkest powers" comes from a line in the Queen song 'Princes of the Universe'. It is the opening theme to the movie "Highlander" and "Highlander: The Series".

This story does more than conclude the "CHANGES" miniseries. It leads into Season 4. See ya next season. =)


Back to the "CHANGES" Section